Twisted zucchini pie from Macedonia
- Grind the zucchini from the night before and let them on the strainer to strain overnight.
- Saute the onions in a deep frying pan with two spoonfuls of oil. Brown them in low fire for 5 minutes.
- Mix the zucchini with the eggs, feta, onions, dill, 3-4 spoonfuls of oil and salt, all in a pot.
- Finally, add the frumenty and the pepper.
- Spread one sheet on a flat surface, oil it with a brush and spread 4-5 spoonfuls of the zucchini mix vertically.
- Wrap it in a roll and put it along the diameter of the baking pan.
- Do the same on the rest of the sheets and put them in the pan around the edges, circling towards the center.
- Bake the pie at 180 degrees C for about an hour.
- 6-8 home made pastry sheets (see relevant recipe on how to make home made filo)
- 1 1/2 kg of ground zucchini
- 2 dry round onions
- 6 beaten eggs
- 250 gr.of feta crumbs
- 1 teacup of sour frumenty
- 1 bundle of finely cut dill
- 1 tea cup of oil