Traditional omelette from Andros island
- Fry the potatoes in the pork’s fat.
- In another large frying pan fry the sausages in their own fat.
- Add pork pieces or bacon and fry on all sides.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and then mix egg mixture and fried potatoes with the sausages and the pork.
- Add salt and pepper, spearmint and let the omelette fry on one side.
- When ready turn over to cook on the other side.
- Omelette is served hot.
- 7 eggs
- 2 country style pork sausages, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 spoons of pork’s fat (or fresh butter)
- 4 medium size pieces of boneless pork (or equal number of rashers of bacon) – optional