Sweet Almond triangles
- Mix water with sugar and bring to a boil. Pour the almonds into the saucepan and bring to a boil again, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 mins. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Then, add the egg yolk and mix again.
- Defrost the filo and spread the filo sheets on a table.
- Cut each filo along side in stripes of approx. 6 cm wide.
- Melt the butter and baste each filo stripe with it.
- On the top of each stripe place a spoonful of the almond mixture and then start folding diagonally the stripe in order to shape a triangle.
- Baste each triangle with butter again and then bake in 180 C for 20 – 25 minutes.
- As hot as they are coat them with icing sugar.
- 320 grams sugar (approx. 1 1/2 glass of water)
- 320 grams almonds, blanched and thickly grounded
- 1/2 kg thin crusty filo (bought from a store – not home made)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 of a wine glass water
- 1 vanilla, mixed with the icing sugar
- 500 grams icing sugar
- 1 packet (500 grams) fresh butter