Sugared almonds from Sykaminia
- Boil the almonds in order to remove their skin easily. Let them dry. Use a mortar or any other instrument to crush them.
- Put the sugar and 3 glasses of water into a saucepan. Boil the sugar in order to make a syrup. Do not let the syrup become too thick.
- Add gradually the crushed almond kernels and stir continuously.
- Before the mixture becomes too thick add the rose water and stir again for a few more minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and mould it into small shapes of any kind.
- Coat with caster sugar.
- 1 kg almond kernels
- 1 kg sugar
- 1 coffee cup of rose water
- 1/4 kg of caster sugar