Stuffed vineleaves with rice
- Drain the vine leaves.
- Sautee the onions in half the oil until they get a golden color.
- Add the rice, salt, pepper, parsley, dill and spearmint and half a glass of water.
- Cook until the water is absorbed.
- Use a tea spoon to count the portion of the rice mixture required for each leaf.
- Place on each leaf the appropriate portion of rice and then fold each leaf to make a little parcel.
- In a large sauce pan place the vine leaves one close to each other.
- Put a plate on top of them in order to prevent them from opening.
- It is better to cover the surface of the saucepan with some vine leaves to avoid burning of the dolmades during cooking.
- Add the remaining oil, 2 cups boiling water and the lemon juice.
- Cook in low heat.
- 1/2 kg spring onions, finely cut
- 2 teacups olive oil
- 200 gr rice
- 1/2 kg vineleaves
- Sprigs of dill
- Sprigs of parsley
- Juice of 2 lemons