Stuffed eggplants from Lesvos island
- Wash eggplants, score them in the middle and boil until soft. Strain them, let them cool and cut them a long side. Remove with the spoon the inner part of each eggplant and leave them only with their skin. Keep half of the inner part of the eggplant and whiz it in a blender to make a puree.
- Boil in a saucepan the onion and when it softens pour some olive oil. Add the eggplant puree, parsley, tomato, sugar and salt. Stir well and remove from heat after a couple of minutes.
- Beat the eggs and pour over the mixture. Add the cheese and stir the mixture well. With this mixture you should stuff each piece of eggplant.
- When you stuff all the eggplants cover them with béchamel sauce or with hard tack.
- Baste a baking pan with oil, place the eggplants into it and bake for 30 minutes in moderate temperature.
- 10-12 round eggplants
- 1 large onion, grated
- 3-4 eggs
- 250 grams grated regato cheese, or any other sweet cheese
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 fresh tomato, mashed
- 2 spoons sugar
- Bechamel Sauce or hard tack for placing on top of each eggplant
- Olive oil