- Prepare the dough like in the traditional filo dough recipe.
- Wash the spinach very carefully to remove soil and chop it in very small pieces. Squeeze to remove its liquid, salt it and place it into a large bowl.
- Grate the feta cheese.
- Wash and chop the dill, the spring onions and the parsley.
- Beat the eggs and add them together with the grated feta cheese, the parsley, the dill and the spring onions into the bowl. Add salt and pepper as much as desired and work the mixture with your hands. Bare in mind that feta is a salty cheese itself. Try to mix all ingredients well.
- Oil a baking pan. Separate dough in two balls. Flatten each ball with a thin rolling pin on a floured pastry board and roll out to make two sheets of filo (one for the base and one for the top).
- Place the first sheet in the baking pan and oil it.
- The sheet should come up above the top of the pan.
- Spread the mixture on top of the first sheet and fold over the bottom filo sheet.
- Place the second sheet on top. Oil it and slice off any parts of the sheets that have remained.
- Score the top sheet with a knife into squares.
- Bake for an hour in 180 C – 200 C.
- 1 kg spinach
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams olive oil
- 250 grams feta cheese
- pepper, salt
- A bunch of spring onions
- A bunch of dill
- A bunch of parsley
For the dough
- Check the traditional filo dough recipe for the ingredients