Santorinian tomato rissoles
- Put the rinsed and dried tomatoes whole into a large bowl. Squeeze and manipulate them with the hands, until they turn into a pulpy substance. This is the only way to do it as you need the skins to give some substance.
- Next, mix all the ingredients together, apart from the flour. Add enough flour gradually to make a thickish but moist paste. You will probably not need all the flour. The mixture can now wait until it is time to be cooked and eaten.
- Put about 2.5 cm oil in a large frying pan. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, drop in tablespoons of the mixture and fry, turning the rissoles over once, until lightly golden all over.
- Serve immediately.
- 500 gr. tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely
chopped (not grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teacup fresh spearmint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
150 grams self-raising flour
- sunflower oil, for frying