Red easter eggs
- Carefully wash and dry each egg. Set a large pot of water to boil. Add a red dye or food coloring and 3/4 cup of vinegar to the water, and boil for a few minutes.
- Slowly lower the eggs into the pot, and when the water comes to a boil, lower the heat.
- Let eggs simmer for 15 min., then remove them carefully from the pot. If you plan to cook more eggs, add an additional 2 tbs. vinegar to the water.
- Wipe cooked eggs with an oil-soaked cotton ball, then wipe each egg with a clean dry cloth.
- Place on a platter. Serve cold.
- Uncooked Eggs
- 3/4 cup Vinegar
- Red food dye or coloring
- Vegetable oil
- A few cotton balls