- Mix oil, sugar, orange juice and water. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Mould pieces of dough of about 2 spoons and shape them into flattened oval shapes.
- Place them on an oiled or non-stick baking sheet and bake them in 150 -175 C for 35 minutes or until brown.
- Turn of heat and let the sweets into the oven.
- Prepare the syrup as follows. Bring sugar and water into boil. Boil the mixture with the cloves and the cinnamon. Boil for 10 mins.
- Then add honey and let the syrup boil for another 5 mins. Remove from heat.
- Using a wooden skewer skewer each sweet in the middle. This will help the syrup to be absorbed easier by each sweet.
- Pour the syrup over the sweets and let it be absorbed. Sprinkle with walnut mixture.
- 2 cups oil (1 rafinated, 1 olive oil)
- 1 cup orange juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tspns baking powder
- 1 kg soft flour
- 1 cup fine semolina
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn ground clove
- 1/2 tspn soda, diluted with some brandy
- 2 cups sugar
- 3-4 spoons honey
- 2 cups water
- 7 clove sticks (or equivalent portion of ground clove)
- Lemon rind
- 1/2 cup grounded walnuts
- 1 tspn grounded Cinnamon