- In a large bowl beat the butter and the oil with the sugar until fluffy. Stir in the beaten eggs, soda diluted in the cognac, cinnamon and the almonds.
- Gradually combine the flour with the mixture and knead thoroughly until the it forms a dough. Take pieces of dough and form balls the size of a walnut.
- Arrange on prepared baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 mins in a preheated oven 180c /350f /Gas 4.
- When they are slightly cool, cover them completely with icing sugar. Must be thickly coated.
- Arrange on platter.
- 700g (1lb 9oz) butter
- 300g (1 1/4 cups) olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 yolks and 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tbsp cognac
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 700g (1lb 9oz) blanched and ground almonds
- 1200g (nearly 10 cups) flour
- 4 cups of icing sugar (caster sugar) in a bowl for coating.