- Wash the guts very thoroughly and cut them in small pieces. Be careful not to cut them in too small pieces because you will no be able to skewer them.
- Wash the bowels very carefully and try to clean them from inside. Leave them in a washbowl and keep the ends of each bowel in one side in order to be able to separate them.
- Prepare the souvla (iron stick). Start skewering the guts in the iron stick until all are passed to the iron stick.
- Pin one end of the first bowel in the one side of the souvla and wind the intestine around the skewer. If the bowel reaches its end tie it with the end of the next bowel and continue to wind until all bowels are wrapped and no guts are visible (you should only see the bowels along the souvla).
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Prepare the fire and roast on all sides until guts are brown and crispy. Check that kokoretsi is ready and remove from fire.
- Cut the kokoretsi in cylinders of 5 cm wide in order to remove it from the souvla in pieces.
- Put in platter, oil the kokoretsi pieces, season with extra salt, pepper and oregano and serve.
- Guts of lamb. You might need guts from more than one lamb. Ask for 2 hearts, 2 spleen, liver and 1 lungs, 2 testicles
- Bowels (intestines) of lamb. At least 4 are required for a medium size kokoretsi
- Some olive oil