Eggplants with potato puree
- Score the eggplants alongside and boil them until they become soft.
- Remove from heat and let them cool.
- Boil the potatoes, the zucchini and the carrot, strain and let them cool.
- Mash the potatoes, the zucchini and the carrot on a blender.
- Add gradually one spoon of olive oil, some salt and pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Empty the puree in a bowl.
- Cut the eggplants in the middle alongside and empty the interior. You should try to leave them only with their skin.
- Mash the eggplant’s interior into the blender.
- Saute the onion, add the tomato (mashed) and the eggplant puree and stir.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley and mix again.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill in the eggplants. Layer a spoon of eggplant puree and on top layer a spoon of potato puree.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Oil a baking pan. Place the eggplants the one next to the other and bake in preheated oven (200 C) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let the eggplants cool for 10 – 20 minutes and serve.
- 5 elongated eggplants
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 2 zucchini
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato
- 1 spoon of finely cut parsley
- Olive oil
- Pinch of nutmeg