- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water. Add a teacup of flour and beat the mix. Cover the mix with a towel and place it in a warm place to rise.
- Slightly heat the milk, the sugar, the butter and the orange rind and place them in a bowl.
- Add the yeast, the eggs, beaten, and the flour, stirring constantly. Make sure the dough is neither too soft nor too tough.
- Cover this dough with a towel and let it stand in a warm place for about an hour and a half.
- When the dough has doubled in size, knead it again by hand and shape plaited breads.
- Brush the breads with 2-3 beaten egg yolks and bake them in a medium oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- 1 kg flour
- 1 teacup butter
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teacups sugar
- 1/2 teacup milk
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 teacup lukewarm water