THE BENEFITS OF DRIED FIGS – A healthy snack to take at work
There are some foods that have proven beneficial effects on health. For this reason also called functional foods. From the first to the list for their unique properties to improve health are the dried fruit. Are sweet , but to increase appetite . Therefore, they can replace you for a sweet , oily and full calorie snack if eaten in moderation. That’s because it is richer in calories than the corresponding fresh fruit.
- Dried figs are a healthy snack. They are low in fat and cholesterol and rich in fiber and minerals.
- They are low in sodium and have pretty good amounts of potassium. This helps to maintain the blood pressure to normal levels and reduces the retention of water. Potassium is also important for muscles and nerves.
- Good source of calcium. Helps build and strengthen bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Good source of magnesium. It helps in relieving fatigue, relaxing the muscles, nerves and blood vessels, migraines , tension and muscle pain , etc.
- Good source of copper, which reduces the risk of inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis , enhances the activity of enzymes that are required to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, ligaments, and joints.
- Good source of manganese , which is an essential cofactor in many enzymatic reactions in the body, especially in the field of energy production and antioxidant defenses .
- Moderate iron source, which helps breathing at the cellular level , the composition of hemoglobin which helps to carry oxygen to the cells.
- Very good source of soluble fiber. Adds and produce satiety, promotes the health of the colon, and also helps in relieving constipation, hemorrhoids.
- The fiber creates a feeling of fullness in the stomach, and thus helps in weight loss.