- Add in a large saucepan the octopus and heat it in order to get tight. Do not add any extra water. The octopus will be cooked on its own juice.
- When it starts to thicken and takes a red color remove from the saucepan and cut it in pieces.
- Separate the tentacles (leave each tentacle in one piece or maximum two pieces if they too long) and if you want you can remove the skin of the octopus although it is not necessary.
- Prepare the marinade. Mix in a bowl the oil, vinegar, wine, bay leaf, oregano or thyme, salt, pepper and garlic (optional).
- Add the octopus pieces in the bowl with the marinade and preserve in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours (maximum 2 days).
- When it comes the time to grill it prepare the coals.
- Strain each octopus piece well and place it on the grill. While the octopus is charcoaled you should baste it with the marinade mixture.
- When it is ready sprinkle with lemon juice and serve hot.
- 1 octopus around 1 kilo
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- Oregano or thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Crushed garlic (optional)