Cabbage rice with yogurt sauce
- Rinse the cabbage and chop it finely.
- Clean the carrots and grate them.
- Put on a blender the tomatoes, the tomato puree, the onion, salt, pepper, garlic cloves and sugar and blend until a pulp is created.
- Heat the olive oil on a saucepan and pour the tomato mixture into it. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the cabbage, the carrot and the lemon rind into the saucepan and let the vegetables become tender by simmering for 10 minutes. No need to add water.
- Then rinse the rice and pour it into the saucepan. Stir, add 1 cup of water and the it become tender.
- Add more water if required.
- In the meantime prepare the yogurt sauce by mixing the yogurt with one spoon of olive oil and paprika.
- Cool and serve with yogurt sauce
- 1/2 kg of cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 spoon tomato mash (puree)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Lemon rind of one lemon
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 200 grams greek yogurt (strained)
- 1 Pinch of Paprika (for the sauce)
- 1 spoon of olive oil (for the sauce)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil