- Sautee the onions in a frying pan.
- Peel, chop and mash the fresh tomatoes (use 2 tins of preserved chopped tomatoes instead). Mash the garlic cloves in a mortar or with your fork. Mix the tomato paste with the garlic.
- Wash the eggplants. Slice them horizontally in slices of 1 1/2 cm width.
- Butter an orthogonal pan and place the eggplant slices.
- Boil the tomato paste with the onions for a while.
- Then, pour the tomato mixture on top of the eggplant slices.
- Preheat the oven in 200 degrees C and bake for 45 minutes.
- 1/4 kg chopped onions
- 1/2 kg fresh tomatoes or 2 tins of canned tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 kg round eggplants
- olive oil