Ancient Greek Mullet
- Mix the herbs together with the oil, the lemon juice, the salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on the belly and the outside of the mullets.
- Line a pan with aluminum foil and put the fish on top.
- Put it on the grill and grill the fish 4-10 minutes on each side, according to the size of the fish.
- Sprinkle continuously with lemon juice.
- Grill until the flesh easily comes away from the bone.
- Serve immediately with bread and green salad.
- 6 small or 3 large red mullets, cleaned
- 2 handfuls of fresh herbs finely chopped (thyme, spearmint, coriander, marjoram, parsley, rosemary. If you do not have fresh herbs use one soupspoon of each.
- 3 soupspoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper